Can I get a prior conviction taken off my record?

If you were convicted of a misdemeanor or most felonies and were granted probation, you may be eligible to have the conviction expunged or taken off your record. There are limitations on what expunging a conviction means and what crimes are eligible. If you were convicted of a felony and were sentenced to state prison, expungement is not an option and you must seek a certification of rehabilitation and a Governor’s pardon. Either procedure requires a formal motion be filed with the court with proper notice to the prosecutor and a hearing on the expungement request.

Trackback URL

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *